Feel Good Boooks

Books to read, recommendations and where to get the best prices.

Feel Good Boooks

Postby Shadowgirlau » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:59 pm

Another two books which are nothing to do with alternative lifestyles but rather more to do with feeling good are -

Every Day Is Christmas : Bradley Trevor Grieve & by the same author
A Teaspoon of Courage For Chidren

Everyday Is Christmas is purported to give new meaning to the word "Christmas" and to open ons heart to the joys of the season encouring you to share it generously with others. Now that can't be all bad. :)
The stories are told in a modern dayfable style with humour and witticism which is both captivating and uplifting. The photos are animal based in black and white, also hunerous and are said to guarantee the quelling of gift wrapping rage, mall melt downs and other seasonal joys and jeers.

I can't vouch for this entirely but can say that the phots are cute and humerous. They certainly bought a smile to this face.

The second book is aimed at children. Life comes with many ups and downs and even if there are more ups than downs the downs will still be there and will come about eventually. The authors intentions are to help kids summon their braver selves and get on with life.
Also features animal photos and conveys compassionate and insightful wisdom aimed specifcally at children 12 years and younger. A picture paints a thousand words and so this book should be just the ticket to help teach our kids or grandkids how to look at and deal with lifes problems or events. If we are open with our kids and grandkids and discuss all of lifes problems good bad or indifferent we will help them to grow and become responsible, strong and caring adults able to deal with what challenges will await them in this their life.

In my opinion this is another lovely book which I shall hold onto in the hope that one day I can share it with my Grandchildren, that it will open up the way for us to problem solve and deal with lifes happenings.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon

Return to “Library”