Considering buying a goat?

Now we can all talk about milking our cows and goats, all things house cow and milking goat.
Shadowgirlau

Considering buying a goat?

Postby Shadowgirlau » Fri May 09, 2014 8:36 am

Have a yearning to get back into cheese making now I have time for such pleasures once more. Used to make goat cheeses and had planned to continue doing so but other things got in the way of these plans. Guess it wasn't the right time for us, maybe now is the time?

Not sure what breed I will go with although I do know that I need to plan the area well where I will keep the goats if I go ahead with this in the end. More research needed yet not just pertaining to the goats but to convince DH that it is a good idea.

Cheers
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon

Shadowgirlau

Re: Considering buying a goat?

Postby Shadowgirlau » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:26 pm

Okay it has been nearly a year now since I started considering keeping & buying a goat or two (well you can't just keep one as the poor thing might be lonely with just sheep for company :D however I am still to convince my DH that it would be a good idea, so no goats yet. No goats means no soaping and of course no cheese making either. With the approaching winter though I am going to hope that we can start working on some more animal shelters and maybe sow some more pasture cover in the back paddock then just maybe I will be able to work on the goat issue once more?

Cheers
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon

Return to “House Cows/Goats”