Cheap Jam Pan

We're like you, we want to get the best for the best price. Let us all know where you buy your jars, lids and other tools and what you think of them.
Forum rules
Recommendations of online shops, or other shops are not necessarily the recommendations or opinions of the forum owners or managers. If you have a bad experience with any seller(s) recommended on this forum, please let us know.
childoftheearth

Cheap Jam Pan

Postby childoftheearth » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:15 pm

Hi All,

After looking everywhere for a proper jam/preserving/maslin pan, I ended up ordering one from the UK. It got lost in the post so the supplier sent another one, and the first one has now turned up.

Rather than send it back I have agreed with the supplier to try to sell it in Australia and forward the money, so this could be a great buy for someone.

This is a brand new, stainless steel (important for any recipe containing vinegar), 8 lt/15pint pan. It has a handle over the top (like a bucket), a pouring lip, and another handle opposite the pouring lip to facilitate tipping the pan. It looks exactly like the pan sold by the Aga Shop for $237 (you can see it at http://www.agashopaustralia.com/NewFile ... steel.html)

I can sell it for $120 (plus postage within Australia) which will cover the suppliers' costs.

Cheers
Elaine

Shadowgirlau

Re: Cheap Jam Pan

Postby Shadowgirlau » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:02 pm

Hi Elaine,
Hope some one takes up your offer. I bought mine over in NZ a couple of years ago when we were on holiday. Also bought one for my Mother. Used to have one years ago and so missed it.

Kathleen
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon

Mojojo

Postby Mojojo » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:45 pm

Yes, Elaine, I am interested, its been on my list of things to keep an eye out for. Will PM you my address, if you send me bank details and totals will pop it in for you (or another way if you prefer)

Cheers!
~ Jo
~ Robert Frost

childoftheearth

Postby childoftheearth » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:13 pm

Hi Jo,

My Husband was very pleased to hear that you wanted the pan.

Ever since I used mine for the first time (fantastic!) I have been trying to convince him that every home should have two!

I'll pop down to the Post Office tomorrow and let you know the cost.

Cheers
Elaine

Mojojo

Postby Mojojo » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:35 pm

Thanks!

Ssssh, don't tell my other half that its coming, he will be wondering what our household wants with one, let alone two! :D
~ Jo
~ Robert Frost

Return to “Best places to buy - jars, lids, books, cheesemaking products and other preserving products”