More Glass Jar Wholesalers

We're like you, we want to get the best for the best price. Let us all know where you buy your jars, lids and other tools and what you think of them.
Forum rules
Recommendations of online shops, or other shops are not necessarily the recommendations or opinions of the forum owners or managers. If you have a bad experience with any seller(s) recommended on this forum, please let us know.
Shadowgirlau

More Glass Jar Wholesalers

Postby Shadowgirlau » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:06 am

Hi Folks,

Well I shall attempt this once again and hope I don't lose my darn internet connection before I finish. :evil:

I finally found my addresses for the jar wholesalers which I have used over here in the West.

The first company is called Silverlock Packaging - http://www.silverlock.com.au/contact.htm

Silverlock has a wide range of products from glass jars through to plastic ones. They also stock several other lines of equipment. Have a look around their website and you will be surprised what they do have.

In the past have bought cases of the Quattro Stagioni preserving jars from Silverlock although I haven't been up to see them of late so am not sure if they are still selling these.

They do have distrubution centres in South Australia, Victoria, Western Australia (of course)
and New South Wales that I know of.

The other Company which I have used is called Costpak PTY LTD - http://www.cospak.com.au/

Cospak is a manufacturer, importer and distributor of rigid and flexible packaging products.
They have distrubution centres in Sydney, Adelaide, Hobart, Brisbane and of course Perth.

Both companies have been good to deal with providing knowlegdable advice and good service.
I have found their prices to be favourable. (Have not bought anything in the past year from them so would assume like everything else their prices have risen also).

Shall add to this as I find more. I do have an address somewhere for buying wholesale cartons of the Fowlers Vacola jars in Perth, but can not lay my hands on it at this time. Buying the FV jars for $1 from garage sales or in the paper is still really the best way to go although they are getting harder to source nowadays.

Please folks, if you find any other good sites whether they be for glass jars or foods, add them to the list as I am sure we would all like to keep our costs down as much as possible. :)

Cheers
Kathleen
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon

Huxter

Re: More Glass Jar Wholesalers

Postby Huxter » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:59 pm

We shop at Plasdene industries ,glass jar and bottle importers and wholesalers ,huge range .

Go to http://www.plasdene.com.au for their range and Australia -wide outlets .

We use their half size wine bottles and buy bulk muscat from Morris' Winery at about $100 for 20 litres ,and bottle and label it for ourselves and xmas presents .We started doing this at our wedding and a tradition of doing so has followed on each year.This muscat retails for about $20 a small bottle so the savings are enormous and our friends love the personalised labels .

Paul
The world needs you to grow your own food!!

Shadowgirlau

Postby Shadowgirlau » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:11 am

I remember you telling us about this one before Paul, thanks for the reminder. May just come in handy as an extra to do for Christmas gifts?

Cheers
Kathleen
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon

Mojojo

Postby Mojojo » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:36 pm

I went into Plasdene today, for jars for the thai curry pastes I am making for Chrissie presents. Great shop!

190mL square jars with gold lid worked out at 61c each, and normal 500mL round jars with lid at 81c each.

Return to “Best places to buy - jars, lids, books, cheesemaking products and other preserving products”