Where to buy culture to make yoghurt

Need some information about making dairy products, here's where to ask those questions! Cheese, Butter, Yogurt, Ice-cream and ALL things dairy?
aussiemum

Where to buy culture to make yoghurt

Postby aussiemum » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:12 pm

Hi,

I live in Sydney (Australia) and haven't had any success in finding the live culture to make my own yoghurt. So far have used small amount of ready made yoghurt but would like to make it from scratch myself. I have seen some Companies when you can order online but wonder if this is possible since the culture needs to be kept refridgered? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Shadowgirlau

Re: Where to buy culture to make yoghurt

Postby Shadowgirlau » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:13 pm

Hi,
I have bought live culture online from Cheeselinks in Victoria (http://www.cheeselinks.com.au.) Being over here in the West I am not able to help you particularly with sources over East however I am sure one or two of the members from over your way will pop in and be of service to you when they have time. Good luck with your search.

Kathleen
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon

Heidi

Re: Where to buy culture to make yoghurt

Postby Heidi » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:29 pm

Hi Aussiemum,
I usually order mine through that chain store of homebrewers...trying to think of the name of it. I know there's one in Engadine and quite a few around Sydney. They post out for just what it costs them to post, no overheads. Ah...google "countrybrewer" I think? ah, just checked on the "where to buy section" on this forum and found my old post...
http://www.countrybrewer.com.au/index.htm
H

Return to “'Under the Udder' - how to make, cheese, butter, ice-cream, yogurt at home!”