Tattler Lids

All things preserving - canning, water bath (vacola), freezing, drying your harvest. We discuss all methods and the pros and cons, be nice to each other, please we all have our ways of preserving.
Shadowgirlau

Tattler Lids

Postby Shadowgirlau » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:16 am

Hi Friends,
Was just wondering if anyone over here has actually used the Taller reusable Ball Mason Lids? Not sure how many of you use the Mason Jars ? but thought I would ask.

The Tattler lids are a similar principle to the FV jars in that they use a rubber ring. I have read a lot about them including a good review from a person who uses them but would like to know about their use from someone over here in Australia where our conditions are different (sounds trite but is non the less a fact).

Thanks
Kathleen
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon

Clodia

Re: Tattler Lids

Postby Clodia » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:54 pm

Hi Kathleen,

I'm in the Darling Downs, Queensland.

I've been using the tattler lids (both regular and wide mouth sizes) for about 4 months. Once I figured out to not tighten the band down overly tightly before processing, I've had no problems with them. I tighten them regularly, then loosen about 1/4 turn, which has greatly decreased my non-sealing failures. I"ve used them in both water-bath and pressure canning.

They wash and re-use beautifully, and best of all! they're BPA free!

Hope that helps! :)

Shadowgirlau

Re: Tattler Lids

Postby Shadowgirlau » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:20 am

Thank you Clodia,
Yes that does help. I have read much the same with comments from people on another group I belong to who have been changing over to them in the past couple of years. Sounds like getting acquainted with how much to tighten is a biggie.
I have ordered a box of them and hopefully will receive them this week although I have to say I have not heard from Ian since I confirmed payment. I hope he is not anywhere near this flooding.

Thanks again
Kathleen
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon

Return to “Preserving and Canning in Australia”