Tamarillo Chutney

All things preserving - canning, water bath (vacola), freezing, drying your harvest. We discuss all methods and the pros and cons, be nice to each other, please we all have our ways of preserving.
Shadowgirlau

Tamarillo Chutney

Postby Shadowgirlau » Wed May 30, 2012 9:10 am

Yesterday I made a start on making some tamarillo chutney. So far it is looking good however time got away from me so it has been put in containers and is in the fridge. I shall finish making it Friday or maybe even Saturday.

A friend as several tamarillo trees all ready for harvesting as are her apples. next on my list of presrves will be apples.

Seems very quiet in here lately so I can only assume we have all been way to busy with other activities.

Kathleen
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon

northwest1

Re: Tamarillo Chutney

Postby northwest1 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:14 pm

Hi Kathleen,
yes, I keep checking in and see that not much is going on.... I think life is going on a bit too much around here and I don't have time to be at the screen for too long! But in all the busy-ness I have done a little.... tried making mead (three bottles of hopefully something tasty!), made a little camembert (it's sitting in my 'cheese cave' as we speak), and some tomato salsa.... oh, and yoghurt twice a week (that's become a standard thing here :D ). I have just bought a jar of jam at the stupidmarket :oops: because we finally ran out of the yummy stuff. I thing that some serious jam making is in order! I can feel myself getting back in the groove of making/preserving/doing garden-y things. My poor veggie has been very neglected and needs a major overhaul. Just as well the long weekend is coming up - I know what I will be doing!
Mira

Return to “Preserving and Canning in Australia”