Dehydrating

All things preserving - canning, water bath (vacola), freezing, drying your harvest. We discuss all methods and the pros and cons, be nice to each other, please we all have our ways of preserving.
Heidi

Re: Dehydrating

Postby Heidi » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:47 pm

Hi Kathleen,
I bought an ezidry, because the excalibur was not only out of my reach financially, but also because it was most likely overkill for the amount of dehydrating I would do with it.
I do rollups for the kids, but with five trays at a time, it's easy to keep up with the demand. The ezidry came with five trays and one rollup sheet, but I bought another four at the same time to save on postage, and lets face it, who does one rollup at a time!!!
The trays are expandable, ie. you can add more to the pile, but I haven't needed to. I basically run it overnight and in the morning its done.

This is where I bought it from, and I spoke to the lady, and she was wonderful (she could've sold me the Excalibur, but she told me that based on my needs, it probably was more than I needed... so that was very honest of her).

Store@NaturesWonderland.com.au

$185 for the Ezidry snackmaker
$9.50 for rollup sheet (It came with one free, and I bought four more)
$15 p&h

Worth a look.
H.

Return to “Preserving and Canning in Australia”